Preheat the oven to 170 C (150 C Fan) and grease and line a 9" round tin.
3 large eggs
8 oz/ 200 g caster sugar
125 ml olive oil (I like to use 100 ml fruity olive oil and top it up with 25 ml of extra virgin)
4 oz/ 100 g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
10 oz/ 250 g pistachios, shelled and finely ground
2 oz/ 50 g cornflour
1 tsp of baking powder (gluten free)
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 orange
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until pale and fluffy
- Mix the cooled melted butter and oil together and gradually whisk it in to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Add the ground pistachios, cornflour and baking powder and whisk again.
- Pour in the citrus juices and add the zest and stir.
- Pour the cake batter into your prepared tin and bake on the middle shelf of your oven for 50 minutes. The cake should still be under-done in the centre, so an inserted skewer will come out with a little bit of stickiness. The middle of the cake will set on cooling.
- Place the cake, still in its tin, on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning out. Leave to cool completely before transfering to your serving plate.
Photo to follow tomorrow...